Monday, March 29, 2010

:)

Somedays at school can be L-O-N-G. Like today. It was rainy, everyone was tired from the weekend, and no one felt the need to LISTEN OR THINK!!!

So, I decided to give my students what we teachers refer to as "indoor recess." (READ: Letting the kids take out your board games to give yourself 15-20 minutes of sanity.) One of my little darlings pulled out the LEGOs and built himself a castle. Nothing extraordinary, but good enough to be recognizable as a castle. Since we are studying the Middle Ages, I decided to display it on the TV cart for everyone to see. Together we placed it on the cart, and the little darling ran back to the floor. I heard him excitedly tell the others, "Guys! Ms. S put my castle on the TV cart because she thought it was special!"

Cue: Ms. S melting into a puddle while simultaneously feeling like a complete b*tch for snapping at them all morning. I think the Teaching Gods send us these moments so we can remember that we're dealing with children here- not little adults.

Miraculously, the rest of the day seemed to go by much more smoothly...

No comments:

Post a Comment