Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Every Story has 2 Sides...

... and so did my day on Monday.

First, a Little Darling of mine pooped his pants. In my grade, this is NOT normal or really even acceptable. But, alas, it happened. It went down like this:

LD (waddling): Ms. S, we were just walking and I accidentally felt something. And I think it's poop.
Me: ....
LD (still waddling):....
Me: Go to the clinic!
LD: But...
Me (interrupting): I SAID GO TO THE CLINIC.

Yeah. My response probably could have been more empathetic. But, come ON! YOU POOPED YOUR PANTS!!!

Ugh.

So later, as the kiddos were packing up I said, "Once we're done, we'll do reading groups, and then it will be time to go home!"

I heard an "Aw, man!" from a little one who is not.... shall we say.... the most studious. Or well-behaved. I must have looked surprised, because he proceeded to say, "What? I want to stay here! School is fun!"

I'm not kidding. He (one of my most difficult to motivate students) actually said he wanted to stay at school!

I love it- even on days when think I hate it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment